Gerald Wilson Dana

Male 1917 - 1948  (30 years)


 Set As Default Person    

Personal Information    |    Notes    |    All

  • Name Gerald Wilson Dana 
    Born 17 Nov 1917 
    Gender Male 
    Died 4 Jul 1948 
    Person ID I13710  Stewartsnydotcom
    Last Modified 14 Oct 2019 

    Father Ancestors William Benjiman Dana,   b. 3 Feb 1880, Sandy Creek, Oswego, New York, USA Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 12 Jun 1954, Watertown, Jefferson, New York, United States of America Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 74 years) 
    Relationship natural 
    Mother Francis Sara Collins,   b. 6 Mar 1886, Clayton, Jefferson, New York Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 29 Apr 1954, Sandy Creek, NY, Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 68 years) 
    Relationship natural 
    Family ID F98  Group Sheet  |  Family Chart

  • Notes 
    • Gerald Dana, Veteran Of World War 2, Dies After Brief Illness

      Gerald Wilson Dana, 31, of Lacona, died Sunday, July 4, 1948, in Memorial hospital, Syracuse, of a brain tumor after at short illness.

      Born here Nov. 17, 1917, Mr. Dana served three years with the United States Army, two years of which were spent in the South Pacific area. He was a member of the 224th Searchlight Battalion. He received his honorable discharge January 20, 1946.

      The son of William Dana and Frances Collins Dana, Mr. Dana was married to Leta Champion Aug. 16, 1940. He was educated here and was employed by the Blount Lumber Co.

      Surviving, in addition to his parents and wife are five brothers, William T., Watertown; Harley L., Sandy Creek; James R, Lacona; Harrison J., Pulaski, and Ernest P., Sandy Creek, and three sisters, Mrs. Elsie Weaver, Sandy, Creek; Mrs. Mildred Stewart, Mannsville, and Mrs. Charlotte Oakes, Syracuse.

      Services were held at 2 p.m. Wednesday in the Westom Woodard funeral home, the Rev. Herbert Harrison, pastor of Sandy Creek Methodist church, officiating. Burial was in Woodlawn cemetery.

      Source: Sandy Creek News, July 8, 1948